Saturday, July 3, 2010

Goodshirt - Good

MINE

When I first started listening to this album I couldn't figure out if they wanted to be The Cure or The Cars.  That was until track 7 - Sophie - which is damn good.  But one good song (which I've since discovered earned them a number one on the New Zealand charts) does not a good album make.
VERDICT: THROW IT OUT


YOURZ

We saw this New Zealand four piece supporting Butterfingers and Grinspoon years ago.  Live the band provided a energetic show and we liked what we saw.  As a consequence, we bought Good.  Initial listens had me thinking it reminds me of an updated version of The Cars or maybe a bit like Custard, both of whom we've reviewed here in the past.

But Good doesn't do anything new.  In fact, given some of the other acts I've recently listened to, this pales into the ordinary.  Maybe it was late in the day and I was tired, but I actually found myself yawning while I listened to this.  Not a good sign, no, not good at all. 

VERDICT: THROW IT OUT



2 comments:

  1. Horrible band name. Horrible band

    ReplyDelete
  2. What were they thinking? More to the point, what was I thinking?

    YourZ

    ReplyDelete