Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chris Cornell- Carry On

MINE

I don't even like Soundgarden much, and my views on Audioslave have already been noted here.

VERDICT: THROW IT OUT


YOURZ

Bought on a whim, Carry On is the second solo album from the former Soundgarden and Audioslave vocalist.  While there's no denying he has one of the best voices in the world, instantly recognisable and awesome in both power and passion, I don't think I've listened to this album more than a half dozen times.

I don't want to say this, but without the backing of some of the bands he's previously fronted, it all sounds a bit boring and over-earnest.  Frankly, it's disappointing.  No wonder he's gone back to his old band.  Now, when are Soundgarden going to tour here?

VERDICT: THROW IT OUT


For more information: http://www.chriscornell.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment